Opportunities always exist within Convic.
Whether you’re an architect, landscape architect or come from some other design background and think you would fit into the Convic team, please send through CV and examples of your work and we will be in touch.
Based in Melbourne, CONVIC is the premier global youth facility and active space design and construction company. Over the last 20 years we have successfully designed and delivered over 750 community youth facilities throughout Australia and across the world that meet the needs and demands of the youth and community end users.
The Convic team share a passion, commitment, engaging approach and extensive experience in delivering highly successful youth spaces and active recreation facilities that provide communities with some of the world’s most iconic and youth inclusive spaces.
About the Role:
As a Technical Draftsperson, your primary responsibility will be to assist Senior Designers and Project Managers with the design, development and implementation of skate park and youth activation space projects. The successful candidate will have a lot of flexibility on offer within this role and will have ongoing support and guidance from the Design Manager and other senior team members in the preparation of detailed design drawing packages.
Working at Convic you be involved in developing a number of fast paced and dynamic projects. You will see many of the projects you work on turned into reality with Convic delivering a high number of built outcomes each year offering a rewarding experience compared to other parts of the industry that often have lengthy design and construction programs.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Previous drafting experience in landscape, civil, structural or architectural design is preferred
- 1+ years’ experience using AutoCAD
- Competent level with Microsoft Word and Excel
- 3D modelling abilities in Sketchup is preferred though not essential
- Positive attitude towards learning and development
- Self-sufficient and diligent, with an attention to detail
- Prior experience in the construction industry is highly advantageous
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility with workload
- A “Can do” attitude
- Located in Richmond’s multicultural and vibrant Victoria Street precinct in close proximity to public transport
- Work on some of the most exciting public urban realm and recreational projects
- Be part of a young and dynamic organisation with a relaxed and enjoyable culture
- Enjoy working on domestic and international projects of various scale and typologies
- Mentored by experienced and skilled designers from various backgrounds
- Be provided with internal and external training to develop your career
- You will get to visit and test out some of the worlds best skate parks and youth spaces
If you are keen to work for us send a copy of your CV and portfolio showing your experience in preparing detailed design drawing packages to email@example.com